A kick-ass birth is focused on love, connection and flexibility. It embraces the power of biology, the miracle of modern medicine and the intuition of new parents to make decisions in awareness.
It is not about achieving a certain outcome or type of birth. It is meeting your birth with an open heart and open mind, ready to do what needs to be done to care for your Self and your Child.
Launched in 2006 as a local resource for Chicago parents, (originally www.hollyhelps.us), Kick-Ass Birth now supports new parents all over the world through videos, handouts, articles and courses. I’ll take you beyond the practical suggestions (you’ll get that, too!) to get your hands dirty, and your habits changed as you begin to live your values. You’re in the right place if…
- You believe in science AND the power of the mind.
- You are craving something deeper than Pinterest-pretty baby showers and hospital bag check-lists, but want to figure out who you are as parents.
- You care more about self-growth than having the ideal experience (or the ideal life).
- You want a no-BS approach. I will honor your intelligence and your individual path to self-discovery as you traverse this Rite of Passage. I’ll even ask you some good questions to get your emotional gears going.
- You are simultaneously awed and overwhelmed by this task in front of you. “This baby has to come OUT? And then I have to RAISE it!?”. What sacred ground you’re standing on. Holy crap.
- You are a little irreverent and often swim upstream. Or maybe you’re partnered with one of those types.
You know how important this transition into parenthood is, and you don’t want to mess around.
(I said, “I know! Let's take a picture BETWEEN the bellies!” and no one stopped me…)