My FREE Facebook community is a place to come together to share insights, tips, questions, answers and most importantly support for one another in their parenting journey.
As you can see I run a tight-knit community, and I aim to preserve the quality of the group at all times.
Which is why I have created and enforce these rules on a daily basis.
Please read through all of them as I have a zero-tolerance policy and you will be removed and banned if you break any of the rules.
There's enough judgment and shaming among parents as it is…
1. DO NOT ASK FOR OR GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE.
Pregnancy and birth groups are breeding grounds for bad advice.
This is why you hired your medical provider. No one on the internet can diagnose or treat you.
If you crowd-source to see what others' experience has been, always start with “I already called my doctor/midwife.”
If a moderator has any doubt that a topic is veering into medical advice, it will be shut down.
2. ASSUME THE BEST OF EACH OTHER.
If another parent is talking about a choice they've made that YOU wouldn't make, please remember everyone in this group is making choices out of love for their family.
This is especially true about topics like: pain-medication, OB vs. midwifery care, interventions in birth, circumcision and parenting choices.
Check your judgments.
3. NO SELF PROMO. EVER.
No self-promotion is allowed. I will protect this group from being a hunting ground for birth-workers so all parents can feel like they OWN the space.
So, what do I consider self-promotion?
– Selling anything – that means products, services, courses, events and programs…anything that feeds your bottom line. Especially your essential oil business.
– Posting a link to your website, your social profiles or even your personal FB profile.
– Posting affiliate links. That's just wrong.
– Posting your own content in the group and not in a specific (and relevant) thread.
This includes posting links to surveys or creating polls or surveys in the group, posting photos with your social handles, URLs or business name on them.
– Posting “free” offers. These will be deleted and you will be removed…even if you have the best of intentions.
– Posting content that is the length of a blog post, even if there is no link attached.
– Don't PM other members unless they have requested it!
4. DON’T BE A JERK
Don't be a jerkhead.
No second chances.
That means respecting people’s feelings, privacy and rights.
If you're rude or disrespectful or spammy…I will hunt you down (or just remove you).
5. NO ANTI-SCIENCE SILLINESS
Conspiracy Theories and Super-woo will not be tolerated. It's plain dangerous.
If you're posting about something you learned from a Netflix “documentary” or a “Wellness Blog”, it's probably not going to fly.
For example: Vaccinations save lives. The science community (and the science) is not divided on that.
6. BE HUMBLE AND HELPFUL
Provide genuine and helpful conversation and suggestions to others.
Be the kind of supportive friend that you want and need on your parenting journey.
Remember: We are all here to help each other…so give more than you take, please.
Other than that, let's have some fun!
**Note: These rules are subject to change without notice. It's on you to keep up.**
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS GROUP
1. Don’t come in with a motive.
Instead, show up with the intention to connect, serve and help, not to sell, grow your business, list, audience or bottom line…we can all smell it from a mile away.
2. Show up daily and engage!
You get out of it what you give to it. Make connections and friends!
3. Share your thoughts and experiences because they are valuable to others.
We all can feel alone when embarking on this Rite of Passage. To know that other struggle and work through the same issues is SO VALIDATING.
That's the goal here!
If you’ve read all of these rules and still want to be a part of what this group is all about…then WELCOME!
We are excited to get to know you!
Now let’s connect and have some fun, shall we?